Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Returning after Spring Break and the Final Push

We returned from spring break two weeks ago, and now we are really into the final push of the school year. Today, our principal mentioned we had 36 instructional days left before exams. I gasped because I couldn't believe we were already to this point in the school year. As an a first year ITF, this year has been such a wonderful learning experience for me. Balancing working as an ITF and also continuing to teach my AP class has been hard work, but some of the best work I have done in a really long time. I come to work every day excited for what my day has in store for me, and I go home every night thinking about what I want to try for the next day. I've already started to make a list of things I want to implement for next school based on what I have observed this initial year, and where I want to move towards.

One thing I know for sure is these next 36 instructional days are going to be so crucial for our teachers and students, and in my role I really need to focus on how I can best help my teachers in planning engaging lessons, creating remediations and review sessions, etc. At the end of the day, we all win together and we lose together as a team. I want to make sure that I do my part to help us all win together in this last stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment